Saturday, November 1, 2008

"Take a Time-out"

My parents would tell me from the time I was young; that I should take my time and think things through before I ever made a decision especially when it came to some thing that was what I would consider important to me. The reason they would have to keep reiterating this one instruction to me more than my other siblings was because I had what one would call a very passionate disposition.

Well, needless to say I followed their instructions a very low percentage of the time, and just like most things; I found out the hard way how right they were with their predictions of what the results would be if I didn't take heed to their words. Now, don't get me wrong I didn't purpose to go against the instructions of my parents, I thought they were at times trying to keep me from being me.

I have since come to realize that they weren't trying to keep me from being who I was, but instead they were trying to get me to become the best me I could be. I understand that an individual no matter how passionate they are can be better served with knowing what the scriptures read and what my parents attempted to get me to see..."Wherefore, my beloved brethren, let every man be swift to hear, slow to speak, slow to wrath:" James1:19

So, let us take a moment every time a situation arises that comes to challenge who we are in Him, and "take a time-out."

No comments: