Friday, November 21, 2008

"Hooray for Troublehood"

I must say with all honesty; that I, in my youth, have been one to find the easy way out of difficult situations up to and including just quitting. I was always told that quitters never win and winners never quit. However, when I was young, I never fully understood the magnitude of appreciating the many troubles that life brings.

I later learned in my life as I have grown in my relationship with the Lord that the troubles that come to us are for the perfecting of our faith in Him. There is a song that is sung even from the time I was younger, and the words are very poignant to the writing of this post. The key phrases in the song are, "hallelujah anyhow never let your problems get you down; when hard trials come your way hold your head up high and say...hallelujah any how."

So, let's remember"My brethren, count it all joy when ye fall into divers temptations;..."James 1:2 Yes, it easier said than done, however it becomes easier when we keep in mind that we don't go through these troubles alone.

No comments: