Tuesday, November 25, 2008

"Better than a string"

I remember when I was a lot younger; the saying was, "if you don't want to forget something that's important then all you have to do is tie a string around your finger". Well, if you know me I tried it and tied a string around my finger. Now, they said if I tied a string around my finger then I wouldn't forget whatever it was that I needed to remember. However, the funny part about that whole thing was they never said I wouldn't forget that the string was around my finger.

So, by the time I remembered the string around my finger it was too late for me to remember the one thing that I put the string around my finger for in the first place. I believe this is what a lot of church-goers do today; they place these proverbial strings around their fingers in an attempt to remember the things that the Lord has spoken, but aren't able to because they forgot the string was there.

This now is the joy of all true believers; to know that since we have accepted the Lord Jesus and have been given the gift of the Holy Spirit we need not to worry nor do we have to tie the proverbial string around our fingers any longer, "But the Comforter, [which is] the Holy Ghost, whom the Father will send in my name, he shall teach you all things, and bring all things to your remembrance, whatsoever I have said unto you." John14:26

Bye, bye string.

No comments: