Thursday, November 20, 2008

"Why?"

I would like to get a dialogue started with this particular post, because I'm very interested in hearing what other believers truly think about what I'm about to say. I can remember a time, and it wasn't that long ago that I really only cared and looked out for "numero uno" and my concern for other people was minimal at best.

It wasn't until I started to really begin to learn what real love was about that I began to make a transformation in my own life. Though the process was a slow one in the beginning it helped me to see "me" and not someone else.

This is what I want to start a dialogue about with those of you that name the name of Jesus as their Lord and Saviour. 1. "Why is that we find every excuse in the book and or point out what other people do or have done but we never want to deal with ourselves?" 2. "Why is it when we feel the burden for others to experience the peace we have in God and the many days and nights we sit up praying that they could just "get it" but when some time has passed and they still haven't "gotten it" that we throw up our hands?

Let's begin..."why?"

2 comments:

fathead said...

1. We recognize others faults because they are the same faults we see in ourselves....that's why we can point them out so clearly

2. We give up on others because we forget how patient God is with us.

Anonymous said...

I believe we sometimes get frustrated because we know what we have in Christ is so awesome we can
t believe everybody wouldn't want to share in it. We fail to remember where we would be if somebody got frustrated and gave up on us.