Saturday, November 15, 2008

"A Regular Check-Up"

I really never cared that much for going to the doctor when I was coming up, because for the most part going to the doctor meant one thing they were going poke and probe on you and at the same time keep asking you the same question over and over again, "does this hurt or tell me where it hurts".

It wasn't until they found where it hurt that they were able to begin to prescribe a treatment plan for me in order to get me back healthy again. So, as I grew older I began to learn to appreciate going to the doctor, because I found that the old saying is very true..."an ounce of prevention is better than a pound of cure."

So, it is with us as believers today; we shouldn't wait until there is something seriously wrong with us before we go to our physician for treatment. We should make constant and consistent visits to Him, even when there is nothing wrong with us as we see it. So, let's remember that our health is just as important to the Lord as is our spiritual well being. "Beloved, I wish above all things that thou mayest prosper and be in health, even as thy soul prospereth."3John1:2

No comments: