Monday, November 24, 2008

"Not a lot of talk"

I have always heard people say to one another, "just call me if you need me for any thing" and of course for the most part the individual never called. However, I've come to realize that the individuals that say, "just call me..." really don't mean it at all. This was their small frail attempt to seem genuinely compassionate towards another individual; when all the while they weren't all that concerned in the first place.

Sadly, there are those inside the church-body (notice the I said church-body) that are just as guilty of saying the same and not meaning it. We as believers and followers of the Lord Jesus are to at all times be ready to assist those in need."Suppose you see a brother or sister who needs food or clothing, and you say, "Well, good-bye and God bless you; stay warm and eat well"--but then you don't give that person any food or clothing. What good does that do?"James2:15,16

How can we say we have the Lord in our lives and we neglect to comfort those that are in need of comforting? My friends let's not just be a lot of talk, but instead let us truly walk the walk.

No comments: