Wednesday, November 26, 2008

"Handy work"

I have always wanted to do things in a big way no matter what it was I wanted to make a very convincing statement to anyone paying attention that I did it big. I very seldom wanted to do small things because I felt as though they were so what insignificant in the over all scheme of things.

So, I would just wait for the opportunity to do only the big and extravagant things, because again there was that statement that had to be made. I must say with shame that I allowed that same type of spirit to be a part of my new life in Christ, just without the pride. Nevertheless the desire that was in my heart to accomplish big things for the Lord was far more pressing than the right small right now things.

I understand that every born-again believer wants to accomplish great and mighty things on behalf of the Lord, however I must say with great conviction; that desire will hinder our ability to be as effective as we could be. The mandate is this..."Whatsoever thy hand findeth to do, do [it] with thy might; for [there is] no work, nor device, nor knowledge, nor wisdom, in the grave, whither thou goest."Eccl. 9:10

1 comment:

shoprat said...

And some big things are but a sum of many small things.