Friday, November 7, 2008

"Shhhh...the Lord saw you."

I am privileged to have met a lot of different people in the short time that I've been on this earth. I've seen the very generous of persons and I have also seen the very selfish of persons as well, but what I have noticed even with some of those individuals that were and are generous is they tend to make a big deal of letting people know just how generous they have been to someone. Even before I understood the scriptures I was always instructed by family; that when something is done for someone then we weren't to broadcast it all around the neighborhood. We saw money given and groceries purchased and no one knew about it except those persons that lived in those particular families.

It was the way I was raised and then I realized as I began to see and understand scripture; that it was the way the Lord instructed it to be done..."When you give a gift to someone in need, don't shout about it as the hypocrites do--blowing trumpets in the synagogues and streets to call attention to their acts of charity!..."Matt.6:2

So, let us perform acts of charity towards those that are need and most importantly let's keep what we do for others to ourselves. I guarantee that when we give in this manner then the Lord shall reward us openly.

"Shhhh, trust me the Lord saw you."

No comments: