Thursday, November 13, 2008

"I can't find it"

I was remembering when I young how my mother would instruct me to go into the kitchen and to retrieve something out of the refrigerator for her. I would go into the refrigerator and immediately shout to her in the other part of the house and say that whatever she wanted from the refrigerator wasn't in there. My mother would only say to me, "it's in there keep looking". I would just stand there with the refrigerator door opened repeating over and over again to my mother, "it's not in here".

It was after a few minutes of this back and forth conversation with my mother; that she would come into the kitchen where I was standing in front of the refrigerator and would say one more time before moving me out of the way, "it's in there". She would then move me out of the way and reach into the refrigerator and move a few things out of the way and pull out the very thing she sent me into the kitchen to get, and on her way out of the kitchen she would say to me in a rather stern voice, "you will never find it if you never move things out of the way and look".

This lesson we all as believers must learn or if we have already learned it we must continue to apply it to our walk with the Lord. I'm reminded of what the Lord Jesus said, "Search the scriptures; for in them ye think ye have eternal life: and they are they which testify of me." John5:39

So, let's move somethings out of the way and then look; I guarantee we'll find just we're looking for.

No comments: