Monday, November 3, 2008

Losing the weight.

I have been engaged in the battle to lose weight for a short period of time and I must say that it has proven to be somewhat of an uphill battle. The cause of the battle being an uphill struggle to lose what I would deem as nuisance weight is because of the fact that I enjoy a good meal and of course it doesn't help my case much with the fact that my wife is a great cook.

I do however know exactly what needs to be accomplished in order for me to continue to remove the necessary weight, and that is simply I must put aside the second and sometimes the third helpings of dinner. Once I recognized what the hindrance was I was able to move forward in a positive effort to lose the weight.

The same is to be said of our walk with the Lord. I know we all desire a closer more intimate relationship with Him, and the more we attempt to make this happen there seems to be this underlining resistance that seems to keep from us that which we truly desire. And, it's once we are honest with ourselves and recognize where our difficulties are that we will be able to"...lay aside every weight, and the sin which doth so easily beset us..."Heb 12:1b,c

No comments: