Saturday, November 22, 2008

"Little Body Talk"

I have, over the past few years, begun to what some would call "filling out" and starting to show some signs of middle age. Meaning, my mid section no longer is the "six pack" it once was when I was younger, and even with working out I don't seem to be able to regain the body I once had.

It is with this that some people have resulted to plastic surgery and other types of physical alterations to keep the look they had in the youth. I don't understand why the desire is so deep to keep their bodies from changing.

We shouldn't as believers be so caught up in the trap of trying to change the way we look externally as oppose to the way we look on the inside. Besides this body that we are in now will not be the same body we'll have when we are with the Lord forever,"Who shall change our vile body, that it may be fashioned like unto his glorious body, according to the working whereby he is able even to subdue all things unto himself."Phl.3:21


No comments: