Sunday, November 23, 2008

"Open All The Time"

When I discovered Wal-Mart several years ago I honestly could have been labeled as a kid in a candy store. They seem to have everything you could imagine from electronics, sports equipment and even clothing. I can remember going to Wal-Mart and spending hours just walking around taking in all the different types of merchandise that I was making a mental shopping list from.

I have even gone to this store at mid-night and even later at times and a great percentage of the time I wouldn't ever purchase anything on those visits. I soon became aware of the comparison that one could make with Wal-Mart and The Bible. Now, don't blow a gasket with that analogy I just made, because by no means am I equating the two.

The Word of God is of course the original mega superstore, and unlike Wal-Mart has never nor will ever run out of supplies that you may need. The believer has unlimited access to The Word and when there is a need to receive from that Word it is at no cost to the believer, because the price for whatever is needed has already been paid in full.

The Word is open 24 hours a day, 7 days a week, 365 days a year.

No comments: