Sunday, November 16, 2008

"Remember"

I can't seem to remember a time when ever I have spoken to friends or family members that I haven't seen in a long time; that we didn't play the "do remember" game. There is always something during the conversations that we have that triggers a memory whether pleasant or not so pleasant.

It has been my experience when I would remember a time and a place that I was able to learn something from it, whether it was to how not to find myself in that particular situation again or how to repeat what had transpired because it was a positive and beneficial experience for me.

This is what the Lord wants from us as his children each and everyday of lives here on this earth, and that is to remember the many times He has come to our aide and rescue. Let us not be as the children of Israel in the old testament; where they would constantly forget what and where the Lord brought them from.

But thou shalt remember the LORD thy God: for [it is] he that giveth thee power to get wealth, that he may establish his covenant which he sware unto thy fathers, as [it is] this day.Deut.8:18

No comments: