Sunday, November 9, 2008

"The Right Temperature"

I have said this in a previous post, and that is my wife is a great cook. I'm not being bias either; she could very well give lessons on cooking to alot of people who think they can cook but really can't. The reason I brought this in to the discussion for today is because of the way my wife is able to determine the correct temperature to cook a particular dish at.

You see if a cook were to place a dish in the oven at a temperature that was lower than what was required the dish would be undercooked when it was taken from the oven at the set time. This would require the cook to replace the dish back in the oven until it reached the desired results. The temperature that is set too high would do just the opposite and over cook the dish; it is clear then how important the right temperature and time plays in the preparation of a meal.

The same is the case with the believer when it comes to the trials and tribulations we find ourselves in from time to time. The scriptures refers to them as "fiery trials" and that we should be alarmed when they come. I believe that when these trials come to us it's as if the Lord is allowing us to be placed in the oven of perfection, and it's only when the proper time has elapsed as well as the correct temperature that we as believers shall come forth.

The wrong temperature has ruined alot of dishes and have caused them to be thrown out and unusable, but we are encouraged by the scripture..."I will bring that group through the fire and make them pure, just as gold and silver are refined and purified by fire. They will call on my name, and I will answer them. I will say, `These are my people,' and they will say, `The LORD is our God.' " Zec 13:9

No comments: