Friday, October 31, 2008

"Not ready..not going."

Here I go again; I remember when we were kids my mom would have her hair appointments on Saturday mornings. Well, she would also use Saturdays to take us places, however the catch to this was that we had to be ready to go when she pulled up in the driveway or we weren't going anywhere.

Looking back on those days now I can understand her motives behind some of things she did; especially the "if you aren't ready to go when I get there then you're not going". It taught us to be ready at a moments notice, because with my mom we never knew when exactly she would show up in the driveway.

The same principle must be applied in the lives of every believer when it comes to the return of the Lord. He has said in his word,"watch therefore,for you know neither the day nor the hour wherein the Son of man cometh."Matthew 25:13

So, let's remember to be vigilant and always ready, because He is coming back, and in the words mom used when we were kids; "If you're not ready when the Lord returns...you're not going with Him."

No comments: