Monday, October 13, 2008

Tired...Doing the Right Thing.

I can't begin to count how many times I've heard; and have even said it myself a time or two, that I'm tired of always being the one to do the right thing all the time. Especially when it seems that practically everyone else doesn't seem to be bothered with doing what's right and they appear to be moving forward in their careers, finances, etc.

You ask yourself,"why am I killing myself with following the rules and treating people like...people, and the person next to me is nasty, mean, hateful and down right conniving. Is it possible that nice guys actually do finish last?

Well, I must admit; I was leaning toward that line of reasoning before I started to understand the scriptures. The Bible is full of examples where the believer shouldn't be concerned with the individual that seems to prospering from shaddy dealings and so forth, because the Bibles lets us to understand that even though they seem to be getting by; they certainly will not get away.

So, continue to, as Spike Lee says, "do the right thing" keep being nice and caring and loving even to those that are flat out mean. I encourage you in your discouragement and I challenge you not to give up, because Galatians 6:9b declares "...we will reap a harvest of blessings at the appropriate time."NLT

No comments: