Friday, October 17, 2008

Where do I stand?

I have to admit it; oftentimes I find myself having to pause and take another look at where I stand. It's very easy to get caught up with helping people figure out their lives and the directions that you think would best benefit their own walk with God; that we sometimes forget that we too have a walk that needs evaluating from time to time.

I've seen first hand how an individual can be so accurate with their diagnosis of situations that have people in a virtual gridlock in their lives and after the differential is given and the remedy is dispensed, the individual is back flowing in the express lane of the christian highway. But, on close examination of the one that prescribed the remedy we see that their own life isn't moving forward at.

This is why I thank the Holy Spirit for being just who he is... you know; comforter, guide, re prover, etc. It's He that brings us to the place of self examination and asking ourselves those questions that should provoke us to true humility.

So, let's ask ourselves everyday that the Lord allows us to be apart of..."where do I stand" because I believe that question when asked in sincerity will bring answer that will confirm the need for us to pray more fervently for the direction of the Holy Spirit and will also keep us from being that type of individual in which Jesus described in the book of Matthew the 7th chapter..."And why beholdest thou the mote that is in thy brother's eye, but considerest not the beam that is in thine own eye?" Instead let's be the one described in Galatians 6...Brethren, if a man be overtaken in a fault, ye which are spiritual, restore such an one in the spirit of meekness; considering thyself, lest thou also be tempted.

Keep asking, and He'll keep letting us know..."Where do I stand."

No comments: