Tuesday, October 21, 2008

Seasoning Salt

My wife is an excellent cook and I'm not just saying that because she reads my posts sometimes; I'm saying it because it's true. I don't think there is anything she can't put together and make a great meal out of. She has the ability to taste whatever it is you have put together and is able to tell you almost 100% of the time what the ingredients are that's in the dish.



Now, I know how to cook pretty decently, however it is probably my least favorite thing in this world to do. You can forget about me being able to determine what's in a dish unless I put it in myself. With that said there is an ingredient that I think is probably one of the greatest discoveries of the cooking world, and that is "Seasoning Salt".



It almost doesn't even matter whether a person can cook or not, because if they have the right amount of seasoning salt mixed in the dish then it's going to give it a nice flavor. I love seasoning salt; my mother use to make a quick dish with spaghetti noodles a little butter, a splash of Tabasco and seasoning salt. This was the dish for every Saturday afternoon as we watched Star Trek and some other shows, but if there wasn't any seasoning salt then we didn't have the dish because it's never the same without seasoning salt.



The same is said about the believers of this world; the Lord called us the "Salt of the Earth" and that without the salt there is only blandness. We are to be the flavor in which the world wants to taste; and once they have tasted the flavor of love that we have to offer then we can direct them to the place where they to can get this "Seasoning Salt."

No comments: