Monday, December 1, 2008

"The Right Tool..."

I had an uncle that taught me a lot of things, but what I remember him most for was how he would teach me how to fix things. I remember a time in particular where he had taken apart a telephone and then handed it to me and told me to put it back together.

He would do those types of things with quite often, and he would say that if you could fix it for yourself then you couldn't be taken advantage of. I was always instructed by my uncle, when I was putting things together or fixing something, which tool to use for which job. The right tool for the job will get the job done right.

The Word of God is that tool for the believer, and it works in conjunction with the Holy Spirit as he teaches us how to apply the right scripture to that particular area in our life. A self check is always in order and when we find a breaking or broken area; then allow the Spirit to direct you to the scripture that will best remedy the brokenness.

No comments: