Friday, December 12, 2008

"Rehabilitation"

I went to the doctor's office today at the behest of my beloved wife who made me an appointment after I refused to do it myself. I had been having difficulties with my left hand in that it would hurt to close it. Well, the doctor checked me out and seems to think it is what they call, "carpal tunnel syndrome" or "repetitive stress injury" and she prescribed me an anti-inflammatory and a brace to wear at night.

I started thinking about this and it seems to me to somewhat of oxymoronic in nature, and what I mean by that is, this carpal tunnel thing is due to repeating the same type of procedure but in a way that isn't quite correct thus causing the end result to be a painful manifestation in the body that requires some type of rehabilitation. There are many things that I can think of that I do repetitively everyday but don't need any type of rehabilitation.

This got me to thinking of the importance of the believer to follow the words of the Apostle Paul when he said to Timothy,"Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth."2Tim 2:15 His encouragement to Timothy to be constant in his studies which for all believers is an ongoing and repetitive process, but to do it the correct way, by rightly dividing the word of truth.

When we do the things that the Lord requires of us in the correct way there will be no need of us having to go through rehabilitation.

No comments: