Thursday, December 25, 2008

"The Best Gift of All Times"

Father in heaven, I thank you for this day as I do for everyday but this day is the day we set aside to celebrate the greatest gift any person or nation could ever receive. I recognize how undeserving we have been but because of your boundless love for the world you wrapped your gift for us and placed it by the Holy Spirit into the womb of a young virgin whom you called "blessed". It was this very gift that wise men came to worship because they recognized the importance of your Divine sacrifice, and it was this same gift Herod tried so desperately to destroy, but your foreknowledge of all things would not allow it to come to pass.

Saying, thank you never seems to be enough for what you have done for us. You have given us the opportunity to bask in the glory of your Divine peace through your Son Jesus and the joy that accompanies the acceptance of that great gift of salvation He brings.

I thank you for 'the best gift of all times' and in my acceptance of your Divine present I yield myself to you completely, and I will spend the rest of my life proclaiming to all of humanity..."that unto you is born this day..."

This is my prayer to you this Christmas Day, in the matchless name of your Son, Jesus, I pray, Amen.

No comments: