Monday, December 15, 2008

"Happy Birthday, Lil'Ma"

Today is my grandmother's 84th birthday. She has always been a great inspiration and encouragement to me and even though I'm grown and I have my own family now I still look to my grandmother for not only encouragement and inspiration but for the wisdom that the Lord has given to her.

I can even remember how she would always correct us when we would use improper words in a sentence that didn't go together. She utilized corporal tactics to get her point across when we would continue to speak improperly with phrases like... "ain't got no". My lips still hurt today when I think about that Thanksgiving Day when I sat at the table to the right of grandmother and uttered that phrase, talk about pain.

The word of the Lord says, "The days of our years [are] threescore years and ten; and if by reason of strength [they be] fourscore years, yet [is] their strength labour and sorrow; for it is soon cut off, and we fly away."Psa 90:10

I thank God for allowing my Lil'Ma to yet be here with us, and I know personally that she has had her life filled with both labour and sorrow and she has shown me that even in this she is yet content.

No comments: