Tuesday, February 24, 2009

"Right Thinking"

Phl 4:8
Finally, brethren, whatsoever things are true, whatsoever things [are] honest, whatsoever things [are] just, whatsoever things [are] pure, whatsoever things [are] lovely, whatsoever things [are] of good report; if [there be] any virtue, and if [there be] any praise, think on these things.



My good friend Z wrote this scripture on her post this past Sunday. I know the first thoughts which come to our minds are, these are telling us to think about Jesus. I would agree in a general sense, but notice the how Paul words the scripture. He says, 'whatsoever things' and I would have to say he couldn't have been talking about Jesus, because Jesus isn't a thing.



I believe what Paul is trying to get us to do would be more along the lines of a 'mental exercise' if you will allow me to say. Paul under the influence of the Holy Spirit wrote for the saints to learn to purposely note all the things in this world which can be attributed to Glory of our God.



I submit: Things which true; they will Glorify God. Things which are honest; they will Glorify God. Things which are just, pure, lovely, of good report; they will Glorify God. Any virtue and if there be any praise, think on these things; For they will most assuredly Glorify our God.

No comments: