Thursday, February 19, 2009

"Perfection"

I kind of pride myself in being somewhat resourceful and being able to figure out somethings around the house. For instance, I had to replace a couple broken windows and since they were different sizes I had to do some measuring.

Well, I measured the first window pane and I wrote the measurements down on a piece of paper; even down to the fraction. The second window pane wasn't much different from the first, and so I just used the measurements from the first window pane and off to Lowe's I went. I got the glass cut and went back to the house to install them; you should have seen me, I was on top of the world being the Home Fix It guy for a day.

I put the first window glass into the pane and it fit like a glove, so I finished it off with some window chalk to seal it in and WAHLAH! I stood there for a moment admiring my little handy work and then proceeded to the second window. Well, without going into all that took place with it; let's just say it didn't fit and leave it at that. I remeasured the window pane the way I did the first and went to Lowe's to get my third piece of glass. When I returned, I placed the glass in the window frame, chalked it and wahlah. Of course, I kind of loss the momentum when the glass didn't fit the first time so the excitement was minimal at best.

This taught me a very valuable lesson the next time I attempt to take on anymore projects at the house, and there will be plenty especially if my wife has any say so in it. Just kidding, babe, love you. It also got me to thinking again of the exactness of our God, and the details that went into everything He did.

David said, "I will praise thee; for I am fearfully [and] wonderfully made: marvellous [are] thy works; and [that] my soul knoweth right well." Psa 139:14

He, David, recognized how God was very meticulous in His creation of us, and all the many small and minute details which we take for granted everyday. I realized, if God when He created me took the time not only with the details of my life but also the lives of those I would ultimately live my life around and the environment that would sustain me.

Why then could I not be as meticulous when it comes to doing everyday work? Are we exempt from being meticulous because we are human?

Strive for perfection in all things.

2 comments:

Z said...

Perfection? ruhroh, that SURE leaves ME out!!

HA!!
If at first you don't succeed, measure, measure again! (borrrring!)

Yehudi said...

My dad always taught me, "Measure twice, cut once." Great post, Christopher.